Australia will provide additional assistance to Vanuatu to support its recovery from Tropical Cyclone Pam, meeting additional needs and to ensure its long-term recovery.
Education, health and food security have been assessed by the Government of Vanuatu and its partners as priority areas for assistance. Australia will provide an extra $5 million to help meet these needs, comprising:
- $2.3 million for urgent school repairs and the replacement of damaged learning materials;
- $1.5 million to repair health infrastructure, re-stock pharmaceutical supplies, strengthen immunisation and support the cold storage and transport of medicines; and
- $1.2 million to address urgent food needs and restore local food sources.
This package builds on the more than $10 million already provided by Australia for emergency relief efforts.
Australia’s additional assistance marks the transition from our initial emergency response, including the drawdown of Australian Defence Force assets and personnel.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555