Today I announce that the Australian Government will support 14 innovative Australian arts and cultural organisations through the Australian Cultural Diplomacy Grants Program (ACDGP). The ACDGP supports the delivery of high-quality activities that promote Australia's economic, artistic and cultural assets to an international audience.
The 2016 grants will support projects across traditional and contemporary music, digital media, fashion, dance and indigenous design. These projects will help establish networks and foster collaboration and exchange with Asia, the Pacific, the Americas and Europe.
Successful ACDGP proposals include:
- The University of New South Wales' participation at Beijing Design Week;
- Deakin University's international forum to develop an international charter on appropriate use of indigenous knowledge in design practice;
- The Victorian Arts Centre Trust's REBEL MUSIC and Satan Jawa international collaboration projects for Asia TOPA 2017;
- Monash Art Ensemble's Australia-Japan cross-cultural collaboration, showcasing Australian contemporary jazz at international festivals; and
- Tutti Arts' multisensory interactive street art project, BEASTLY!
Further information about the ACDGP, the grants program and grant recipients is available on the ACDGP website.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555