Today I am pleased to announce the latest round of recipients of Australian Cultural Diplomacy Grants.
The Australian Government is committed to promoting our nation’s creative economy. The Australian Cultural Diplomacy Grants Program helps our arts sector to build partnerships with international organisations, support cultural exchanges and promote Australia internationally.
As part of this program, 12 Australian arts and cultural organisations will now receive grants totalling $580,000. This funding will support a range of creative arts initiatives, including:
- An exhibition partnership between Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art and the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Korea
- Insite Arts touring production to Brazil and China - an interactive journey through the culture and language of Aboriginal Australia
- An exhibition of Papua New Guinea artists’ work from the Queensland Art Gallery/Gallery of Modern Art collection alongside collaborative workshops, performances, oral histories, and installations
- The Australian Fashion Chamber’s Australian Designers Abroad program
- The Sydney Symphony Orchestra and the Australian Ballet’s tour to China.
For more information about the Australian Cultural Diplomacy Grants Program, or to apply for a grant, please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555