Today I announce a new strategy to enhance the Australian Government’s engagement with the private sector across all areas of the aid program.
Engaging the Private Sector: Creating Shared Value Through Partnership invites business to work with the Australian Government to help solve our region’s development challenges.
The Strategy recognises the private sector as a driver of economic growth, incomes and jobs, and as a partner for government to achieve more effective and sustainable aid outcomes.
Three new initiatives will accompany the Strategy to support businesses and their partners work with the Australian Government to meet its development goals:
- A $5 million Business Partnership Platform, which will support increased opportunities for the private sector to work with the Australian Government on projects that support our development priorities.
- A $350,000 partnership with the United Nations Global Compact Network Australia (GCNA), which will support Australian businesses looking to increase their contribution to the United Nation’s new Sustainable Development Goals in the Indo-Pacific.
- A $1 million partnership with the Global Reporting Initiative, which will support businesses to plan and measure the effect of their work in developing countries.
I am committed to ensuring our aid budget is underpinned by creative and innovative policy initiatives designed to deliver better outcomes for our regional partners.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555