Foreign Minister Bob Carr will represent the Prime Minister at the G20 Summit in St Petersburg this week.
The G20 brings together advanced and emerging economies representing 85 per cent of the world economy, over 75 per cent of global trade, and two-thirds of the world's population.
This annual meeting of G20 leaders, from 19 countries plus the European Union, will discuss:
- strengthening the global economy,
- reforming international financial institutions,
- improving financial regulation and
- promoting development growth and employment.
Australia has worked closely with 2013 host Russia throughout the year, as a member of the G20 troika of past, present and future hosts.
Australia will assume the Presidency of the G20 on December 1, 2013.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7584
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555